Monday, January 30, 2006

Taking a Hike

While Sharon was busy with a church youth activity Saturday morning, Roo, Jenna, and I made a run for the border.
Here's Jenna within sight of the fence. Too bad Dad was acting as border patrol.

Jenna gets to meet her first cactus up close and personal. Luckily it played nice with her.
With Jenna's athleticism I wouldn't be surprised to see her climbing many more rocks in the future.

I really like this picture of Robby.

Robby's backpack had everything we needed for our journey - food, water, and eventually Dad's jacket. Going uphill he carried the backpack and I carried Jenna. Coming back down we switched.

(Just kidding.)

Here the three of us are near the top of our hike. Shortly after this Jenna fell asleep in my arms and rode the rest of the way down in style. She woke up when we got to the parking lot.