Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Splash Pad

Well, I finally got around to posting these pictures. These pictures are from the first day that Andra and I took the kids to the splash pad. It was nice letting the kids run and get wet while we just sat (unless we were chasing children) in the shade of a nearby tree.

Here's Jenna! She spent most of her time wandering around avoiding the spraying water and splashing a little in the puddles. Eventually she grew tired of the craziness and came to sit in the shade with Andra and me.

Robby had a blast! At one point he got a cup from one of the other children there, and they enjoyed filling their cups and running around chasing and trying to splash each other.

Here's Jenna playing in the shade. She decided that the sand was more fun than the water.

Little James was so cute wandering around on the splash pad.

That's my baby!

You can't really tell from this picture, but she is not very happy right now because she has sand in her mouth! While she was sitting in the sand and playing I looked over and she had her mouth clamped shut like she had put something in there, so I poked my finger in to do a finger sweep of her mouth. Nothing was there, but she got mad at me for intruding upon her mouth and out of protest she covered her mouth with her hand (at the same time depositing a handful of sand in her mouth too!) As you can imagine, she was not very happy about the unpleasant feeling the sand made in her mouth!

Matthew on the run!


Little Robby had so much fun making new friends, playing in the water, and playing on the playground adjacent that he didn't want to leave when it was time. I got the "Mom please! Just one more minute!" Luckily for him we have already been back once and will probably go a few more times before the summer is over. (Especially since it's free and the local pools cost anywhere from $4-$6 for Robby, Jenna, and me to go!)