Thursday, September 7, 2006

Our Boston Trip

This was the second half of a very fun trip to the Northeast. After I stayed with my sister for a week I got a ride from Tom's Mom Sheryle out to Boston. When we arrived Sheryle took us out to eat at a restaurant named The Barking Crab.

This picture was taken at the restaurant by Sheryle. Here we are posing with Aunt Kaci and "Tio" Tom. ("Tio" is Spanish for "uncle." Tom has learned to speak Spanish and he decided he likes the sound of Tio Tom best.)

After our lunch Little Robby, Jenna, and I went to the New England Aquarium. After we spent a few hours in the aquarium we checked out one of the IMAX films playing in the Aquarium's theater with Aunt Kaci. It was a 3-D film. Jenna was only entertained for about half of the movie (probably because without 3-D glasses it was blurry to her). The other half I spent walking with her and trying to watch the movie from various angles which doesn't work to well with a 3-D film!

Little Robby is ready to go to school! While we were in Boston, we saw these painted cows all over the city. Each one is different. I realized on our second day there that everytime we saw a cow Jenna would say, "Mooo!"

Here is Little Robby riding the T (Boston's subway). Just like in New York, Jenna really liked "talking" to the people we saw on the T.

Poor Chap got sick the second day we were in Boston. When we arrived at Harvard for our tour given by Tom, we discovered he had a fever. In this picture he is taking some medicine that I bought at the CVS store across the street.

In the morning of the next day, Jenna had a grand time trying on Kaci's "Be You" shirt. I was surprised that she got her head in the head hole the first try.

The day that Little Robby was kind of sick he wanted to go to the little park down the street to play. Jenna really needed to get out of the apartment, so we went. She really liked the swing!

It's a good thing that Little Robby won't get his driver's license for a few years. Can you imagine seeing this crazy driver on the road? Fortunately this car was fixed to the ground at the Boston Children's Museum.

Jenna is ready to climb the rock wall at the Children's Museum! She says, "I put my hat on all by myself!"


In the evening of the last day we decided to splurge and go on a Boston Duck Tour with Aunt Kaci. It was really fun, and Robby said it was his favorite part of the whole trip. On these Duck Tours you ride in a WW II amphibious assault vehicle and the drivers give you a tour of Boston's historical landmarks and then drive you into the Charles River. It is kind of unique. Although, Kaci said some of his explanations of Boston's history were a little skewed.

Late in the evening of our last day in Boston, we had to make one more stop by the Public Gardens. Here we made a visit to the little statues commemorating the Caldecott Book Make Way for Ducklings. We had to stop because we bought this book in Boston as one of our souvenirs.

All in all we had a great time in both New York and Boston. I want Donnette, Josh, and Noah, and Kaci and Tom to all know that they made our trip wonderful! I must admit though, that I was glad to be home Friday night because the trip back was quite long and a little stressful too. I'll summarize it this way, a four hour drive from Boston to the New York airport, a 1 and 1/2 hour flight delay, 10 minutes to catch my connecting plane in another terminal in Atlanta (during which time I had to meet up with Robby who had the keys to our car!), a flight back to Arizona landing at 10:30pm, and a drive home after collecting our baggage. By that point it was midnight Arizona time, but it felt like 3am New York time to us! Phew! But I am sure glad I went!