Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rocket Science

This post should have been posted weeks ago, but we had our surprise arrival so I didn't get a chance. Back at the beginning of January, Little Robby's science class did a model rocket launch. Each of the kids got to put together their own model rocket and paint it the way they wanted. Robby opted for a simple gold exterior for his rocket. They had been working on these rockets on and off for several weeks. When school started back after the Christmas break Little Robby told me of the scheduled launch day, and Dad, Jenna and I decided to come watch the fun.

The only disappointment was that the camera was almost completely out of battery power, and so we were only able to get one picture before it died. I had wanted to film the launch and then let Jenna give you a commentary on what happened. That would have been very cute! Oh well, I guess I need to do a better job about making sure the camera bag has a fresh set of batteries all the time. Even so, as spectators, Dad, Jenna, and I enjoyed it...


And Robby and his classmates had a blast!