Sunday, March 2, 2008

Olivia made her church debut!

I was so excited to take Olivia to church for the first time today. We waited extra long to bring her to church because she was so petite when she was born, and because she had been very congested the last week and a half. I was so glad that her congestion cleared up because I kind of enjoy bringing my new babies to church for the first time. It was especially fun this time because I had one sister who I don't know that well very puzzled when she came up to me. She said, "Is she yours?" I said, "Yes, we adopted her 7 weeks ago." "Oh," she replied, "That makes me feel better because I was thinking I don't remember seeing you pregnant. How could you have been pregnant and I not noticed?!"

I also had a friend who came up and complimented me on looking so good for just having had a baby (she knew Olivia is adopted, but I did wonder if there was anyone within earshot that heard her and didn't know Olivia is adopted.) They did announce Olivia adoption in our ward the first week end after placement, but our ward is still so new that I don't think many people knew by name who we were.

Anyhow, it was so good to go back to my ward today!

Here is Olivia worn out from her adventures at church.

Flashback - For comparison, here is Olivia from our very first night with her. This was taken even before we left the LDSFS office. Hasn't she grown!

Back to today...

Jenna just can't resist a photo op with her sister.

This isn't a great picture (sorry about the shadows, that is me), but I took it so you can see how cute Olivia was in her first Sunday dress. I bought this dress the first week we had Olivia, and she couldn't even wear it then because she was so tiny. Today it fit perfectly. Too bad I know it won't fit for long!


BTW, this is my 200th blog post!