Monday, September 29, 2008

Chicago: The Field Museum

We were really excited many weeks ago to find out that Tommy (Robby's brother) and his wife Doris were coming out to our part of the country. They wanted to see Chicago, and since we are a few hours away we thought we would meet up with them there to do some fun sightseeing together. Before the trip Robby and Tommy talked on the phone and made up lists of what they wanted to see. Robby's list was far too long to complete in one day, so if any of you want to see us we are up for another day or two or ten in Chicago!

Our first adventure together took us to the Field Museum where we met...

Sue, the T. Rex! She is the largest, most complete, and best preserved T. Rex in the world. Uncle Tommy and Lil' Robby could definitely have taken her on, don't you think?!

Jenna loves hangin' with Uncle Tommy!

Enjoying a rest near Africa.

Olivia was glad that Aunt Doris was willing to sit and let her eat.

In the museum they have a fully authentic meeting house from New Zeland. It had faces carved in the exterior of it with lots of pearly eyes staring at you. Kind of like this guy pictured below...
It reminded me of being at the Polynesian Cultural Center.


Deep in contemplation.

Jenna tries to show the tiger he doesn't scare her!

Olivia was happy for a ride.

Can you tell we had fun?! (One moment that I know Robby wants to make sure I record happened in the museum a few minutes after I had loaded Jenna into the backpack. We started walking to the elevator and I was doing my usual head count to make sure we were all together. My heart skipped a beat when I couldn't locate Jenna's little bouncing head nearby. I exclaimed, "Where's Jenna?" Everyone turned and looked at me like I had lost my marbles or something. Then I realized, she was on my back! Okay, I felt stupid.)

On the steps to the museum. Olivia is playing peek-a-boo with you!

And we were off to our next adventure in the Windy City.

This is the best, when you can get your child to do all the work pushing their sibling.