Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Faculty vs. Students

The first weekend after school started at the University there was a faculty vs. Ph.D. student kickball game organized. Robby really wanted to participate to get to know others in the business school. Before we left for the game, I joked that it would be funny if we made signs that said "Go Faculty!" and Robby thought it sounded so funny that he wanted us to do it. I made the signs, but then made the kids hold them...

Aren't they cute?! Unfortunately, not enough faculty showed up to play, so there were some 4th and 5th year Ph.D. students on the faculty team.

Robby's first time up to kick he managed to get to base and then made a run for home on a teammate's kick, the only problem was that he tripped as he was running from 3rd to home (he claims the ground wasn't very even). At first, he thought he would be tagged out, but he managed to scramble to home plate a second ahead of the ball (which is in mid-air in this picture). Nice one, Dear! (I don't get credit for this picture though because I forgot my camera. The other wife present was the action photographer. I laughed when I found out that she caught this shot!)

And here are all participants (and the kiddos).