Sunday, April 6, 2008

Easter Fun

We did something a little different this year. Yes, we still did a string maze to start of the Easter hunt, but this year we did our Easter egg hunt at night so the kids had to use flashlights to find the eggs. I got the idea because Jenna had gotten some sparkly Easter eggs at the Fishing Festival they went to the week before, and I thought that they would reflect the light of the flashlight really well. Plus, we have such a small backyard that there would be few places to hide the eggs really well in the daylight. At night, I could use the shadows to hide eggs.

Olivia slept through the Easter fun and was oblivious that she was surrounded by string.

I had fun setting everything up while Robby took the kids to the store.

I cracked up when Li'l Robby got home and started singing the theme to Mission Impossible while he snuck under and around the string as if they were laser beams.

Jenna, on the other hand, thought it was great fun to try and get tangled up in it herself.

Robby used a hanger to wrap up the string. I never realize how much I string I use until I see it all wrapped up at the end.

I would have had pictures of them gathering eggs, but since it was dark they didn't really turn out. You'll just have to take my word for it that they really enjoyed it!