Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break: Zoo

Spring Break has been over for more than a week, and I am finally getting caught up on the blog. On Wednesday of that week we took a trip to the zoo. Our intention was to meet up with Andra at the entrance, but that proved to be more difficult than we thought. Wednesday was a very popluar day to go to the zoo, and amid the crowd at the entrance we never found each other. I know it's surprising, but there were THAT MANY PEOPLE! When Andra and I talked after we got home we discovered that we had both waited about 45 minutes for each other before we decided that our kids would not wait any longer. As we cruised through the zoo, I kept an eye out in hopes that we would find Andra, Matthew, James, and Audrey, but we were not that lucky. I think it was because we both took similar paths through the zoo and she ended up just far enough ahead of me that we never crossed paths. It was disappointing, but we each still had fun with our kids. Here are our highlights...

Look out for Jenna, the tractor driver.

Olivia just hung out in the stroller and watched the world go by.

Now I realize that I didn't have to go to the zoo to see a monkey because my own monkey likes to climb trees.

Li'l Robby had to convince Jenna to get in this clam because at first she was very apprehensive. After he got her in there he told her to look scared, so this is Jenna "looking scared."

After Jenna did it, she insisted that brother had to get in, too! (He really didn't want to, but I told him that he had to since he made Jenna do it.)

Throughout most of our zoo trip, Chap had control of the camera. You can see him in the reflection on this shot. When we got home he proudly informed Dad that he had taken a picture of every animal we saw.

Nice self-portrait. What do you think he is thinking?