Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oregon: Chetco River

After the beach we stopped by the Chetco River where Tommy demonstrated his rock skipping skills. Several in the family were very talented in skipping the rocks several times across the river, and others, like myself, were simply good at throwing rocks. I had never skipped a rock before, and I would say that it is definitely not one of my talents. After several attempts I think I only got a rock to skip once. Oh well... I still had a lot of fun watching the kids throwing rocks.

Olivia snoozing in the sun.

Little Robby did manage to skip a few rocks himself.

The wind-up...

and the pitch!

Olivia did wake up long enough to watch the action.

Tommy shows us how it's done.

Before we left, we stopped to get a few pictures of the cousins seated in front of this beautiful wooded path. (L to R: James, Robby, Matthew, Eli, Jenna, Molly)

Robby tried to get me to come into the hollow tree trunk and kiss him, but I thought it looked a little creepy in there. Jenna on the other hand didn't have a problem and stole my kiss.