Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oregon: Harris Beach

I'm finally getting a minute to upload my pictures from the trip. I guess I'm the slacker because most everyone else has at least posted something.

Robby and I joined the family in Oregon late on Thursday morning. We would have loved to be in Oregon for a week with most of the family, but school work for both the boys kept us home a little longer. I did think after we had bought our plane tickets that it would have been fun for me to take the girls out earlier in the week, but I must admit that I am not sure how I would have handled getting through security at the airport with two little ones by myself. I know it's possible, but I must admit that jumping through all the hoops at airport security stresses me out, especially when I have children in tow!

Let me get to the pictures... When we arrived on Thursday we were just in time to get a bite of lunch with the family and head off to Harris Beach. I was really glad because Abbie gave me a tip before with left which was to bring an extra pair of pants for my kids because they will get wet (whether you want them to or not! ;) I was really glad I listened because they did get wet, and I was prepared! Here are the highlights of our beach fun!


Little Olivia slept through the visit to the beach so she has still never seen the ocean (not that she would have remembered anyway). The other thing I think when I see this picture is that Robby had it easy, his hair didn't get tossed around in the brisk wind on the shore like mine. He took a picture of me holding Olivia but I am not going to post it because I look a bit like Cousin Itt thanks to the wind.

The kids had a great time running...

playing in the sand...

playing in the sand some more...

and dancing in the water (which was so irresistable that they couldn't help getting wet -- Thanks Abbie for the tip!)

Robby and his brothers

I love seeing my kids have fun!